The following are a few basic questions at the heart of the French – English tension today.
1. Does it matter what percentage of government jobs are held by Anglos?
2. What percentage is a minimum Anglos should hold if any?
3. Is there a system in place to ensure proportional participation by Anglos and Franco’s in the job market?
4. Do Franco’s deserve more government funding because they are a “minority”? If so, how much?
5. Are Anglos today responsible for French grievances against Anglos over 100 years ago?
6. Do you believe there is a lack of trust between the French and English communities?
7. If so, will Anglos learning French change that?
Understanding these questions and reaching an agreement that brings fairness to our circumstance today is where we are trying to go.