The Honorable David Alward
Province of New Brunswick
PO Box 6000
April 25, 2011
Dear Hon. David Alward,
I recently read an article in the Telegraph Journal by Shawn Berry on April 9, 2011, titled “Betrayed by Confederation”. http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/rss/article/1396849
This article advised that the NB Provincial Government has gone to the Supreme Court in an attempt to have New Brunswick separate from Confederation. The petition being a 33 page document completely in French? I have searched for more information concerning this matter and have found this has been kept very quiet and the people of New Brunswick have not been advised or consulted on this matter.
My questions are as follows:
1. Was this initiated by the present Alward government, the previous Graham government or by the University of Moncton?
2. What is the benefit if New Brunswick is separated from Confederation?
3. How will this benefit all citizens of New Brunswick?
4. What is the cost of this court case and who is paying for it?
5. Why has the present government not consulted with or advised all citizens of New Brunswick that this is being done?
I look forward to hearing from you with informative answers to all of the above questions.